Monday, January 31, 2011

Colored Corners of my Home

Inspired by this post from Soulemama, here's an updated corner of my home... the improving entryway. For a year after we moved here our shoes went into a cardboard box left over from the move. After a year I found some unfinished book cases on sale that looked promising as shoe boxes. With some paint and cut pieces of plastic runner, they are looking fine.


Recently colors have been entering the house covering the super white walls and greyish trim left by the previous owners. Roman shades have appeared in the library, our bedroom and stairwell, and the entryway. Doug has painted the hall and garden room a lovely yellow (Sherwin Williams banana cream) and sage green (Sherwin Williams garden sage) is appearing here and there.

Mud room toward garden room view (note shade in top center, a pretty green to gold stripe). I got all the shades from Smith + Noble. A great designer came out and showed me fabric samples right in the house. He did all the measurements too. It was terrific. I had been having a lot of trouble going to stores and trying to picture what the fabrics would look like in the house.


Garden room close up with yellow walls and sage table. The desk is from my childhood bedroom.

Yellow walls also enliven the hallway, with the beautiful mirror my mom got me in Italy.


And the upstairs portion of the hallway showing the bedroom/stairwell roman shades.

The house is feeling so much warmer with these colors although the outdoors is very cold and snowy! This picture was taken before the last 16 inch storm. And another heavy storm is forecast for Wednesday.

No comments: