Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'm Not Superstitious

If I were a more superstisious person, I'd think I should stop blogging now. For, as soon as I put showed photos of Doug's beautiful painting work around the house in my last post, down came the water.

Here now is the lovely yellow paint bubbled from water seepage.


Here's the dormer occupied by towels and buckets and toil to remove ice dams and snow.
Here's Doug at night trying to hack at the ice out the window with a hoe.

Here he is outside in the day with his longest tools.

Soon we'll need a longer yard stick.


The deep snow does have its beauty for some...


Here's the view above from the bottom of the hill toward the house. This was last May, and the daffodils were blooming in profusion. I'm trying to imagine them now gaining strength to make it the most welcome spring ever!

At Wisecraft, her hellbores are emerging. Thanks for the inspiration.

No comments: