Sunday, February 27, 2011

Airplane Art

This past week we headed to Washington, DC to see the sites. My son and husband are big technology fans and wanted to see the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum Annex at Dulles Airport. I didn't think it would be too exciting for me. I would have rather headed to an art museum. But surprisingly, beautiful art was all around. The elegance that helps planes soar requires simplicity of design and shape. The planes and the way they were hung in the architecturally refined hanger building was striking indeed!

This photo essay is inspired by the photo essays at A Little Light Reading, one of my favorite blogs.












1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh, fabulous shots! i grew up outside of baltimore and spent lots of time in wahsington, and have visited the air and space museum several times -- but never with a camera! thanks for sharing your vision...and for the link!