Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Where Is Everyone?

The house has been on the market for a week now. No one has come to see it yet. But I'm already getting weary of making sure everything is spotless and put away before we leave. Beds made and the warm extra blankets on the beds must be put away. The table cleared: away with the spices, napkin stack and even placemats. Bathrooms checked and straightened up. Not that we were total slobs before, but I didn't usually worry if my son left the toilet seat up or my daughter didn't wash the toothpaste out of the sink. And all this while we're trying hard to do the usual: get out of the house in time for school.

Last Saturday evening we were set to have friends over for dinner. Two hours before, a real estate agent called to ask if he could bring someone to see the house. I wouldn't turn that down. So quickly we changed our plans, straightened up, and left the house. We're supposed to leave the heat on and almost all the lights on (this is the hardest part for me!). A couple hours later we came back home, and there was a message on the machine from the realtor that they weren't coming after all.

Tomorrow is a broker open house, and Sunday is our first open house for the public. I hope someone shows up.

No comments: