Friday, June 12, 2009

Ringing and Roses

Too much emotion to write too much about yesterday yet. Graduation took place. While Jack didn't graduate, he did get to play a piano solo. He would have graduated next year after being there since he was 2 1/2. The directors' speeches were full of hope and celebration of the individual spirit making a difference in the world. I'll try to pull some quotes off my video tape when I get the chance.

Then our Bells and Whistles concert. This was my second year playing with The Pilgrim Ringers and Jack's first. I was so proud of myself for at last feeling like I can play difficult music without making too many mistakes. I can read well, change bells, quickly switch to chimes and back, do different ringing methods, and sometimes even follow the director/conductor in volume and speed, even during page turns. It was not easy, and only recently do I feel comfortable. Not so Jack. He came right in reading and ringing well. Last night during our rehersal, Gloria said everyone should look at Jack to see his graceful ring circles. He was terrific. Again I'll try to get some video up as soon as Jack helps me! I will miss making music will this group. It's wonderful to be a small part of something beautiful that takes the work of many. I am going to look for more of this type of experience in our new place.

Thank you to everyone who made the effort to come to see us in the pouring rain. Doug, Renee, Grandma R, Andrew, Avery, Grandpa, Grandma M, Ellie, Jimmy, Colin, Keara, Mary and James. We had a great cheering section!

Renee and I made a trip to see the Roses at the Botanical Garden last weekend. We've belonged to the Garden for years and would admire its beauty in all seasons. I loved when the dogwoods and lilacs were blooming. Renee loves the roses.

No comments: